Monday, May 08, 2006

The Baby Boom


So lately it seems we are surrounded by babies and people having babies, a club we have yet to join (we don't even have the dog yet; evidently we're way behind). Nothing against motherhood, by any means, let's just say the maternal instincts haven't exactly kicked in...blame it on parents who think the mall is a great place to bring spoiled and poorly-behaved children. People keep telling me it's different when it's your own, a theory I'm not sure I buy into yet, but now we have the chance to test it--from a distance. We went to Charlotte this weekend to meet our first nephew, Connor Michael Simmons, born May 2 at 6lbs, 15oz and 20" long. Here he is sporting his Carolina pride from day 1--go Heels! He is a sweet little angel and has been so good, and yes I can see how it's all worth it (although seeing my sister in recovery mode does not do much to alleviate my own misgivings). My brother and sister-in-law are expecting as well, a little girl due in September, so give us a few months (or years...sorry mom and dad) of babysitting and we'll revisit this whole kid thing--for now, I like the sound of Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Brad.

3 comments:

mestler said...

Hey it is good to hear from Rebecca on the blog!

Chris and Melissa Beahm said...

Don't worry. We haven't caught the bug either!! I'm happy watching my nephew for now. BTW - he just turned one and is now walking and chasing the dogs...Bailey BEWARE!!!

Stephen and Kelly said...

Hi Brad and Rebecca!!!

Kelly Burton here (aka Kelly Russell). How are you! I was so excited to run across your blog...you'll have to check out ours, too. I'll warn you though, it is ALL about the baby!

I would love to catch up with you!

Hope to chat soon!

Kelly