Wednesday, June 28, 2006

To Mac or not to Mac...that is the question...


Okay, so I've been hearing from several fronts that Macs are the greatest things since sliced bread. I've always been skeptical...I mean, it used to be that you could only run a select few programs on a Mac...and then there was the whole non-compatibility with PC's...basically, I always thought buying a Mac was a bad idea.

Well...lately, I've been rethinking that idea. It probably has something to do with our PC desktop screwing up more often...or me having to restart my work laptop more and more frequently...but I think those cute little Mac vs. PC commercials are starting to have an effect on me. I mean, who really wants to be the geeky guy from the box on the left? If we honestly look within ourselves, I think we would all agree that we want to be the cool, hip guy coming from the box on the right. Don't lie to yourselves people...it's shameful.

All that being said, it still remains to be seen if we'll get a Mac or not. The big X factor right now is whether or not the wife goes for it. She's been a Mac supporter in the past...but is she willing to feed my gadget hunger one more time in exchange for getting a possibly-superior home computer? Only God knows...

3 comments:

Mama Lutz said...

Brad, you've piqued my interest. Hmmm... A Mac sounds good! It has that cutting edge, different-from-everyone-else kind of appeal. It could give me a feeling that I was not being swallowed by the abyss called Small Town Life.

How was Superman?

Brad said...

Haven't seen Big Blue on the big screen just yet (see most recent post), but when I do I will be sure to post my reactions to it.

Brad

Chris and Melissa Beahm said...

"et tu mr. jobs?" My vote is for the Mac! You'll love the iPhoto, the iCal, the iTunes, the iChat, the iSync, the iMovieHD, the i.... well, ok you get the point. :)

You'll love the widescreen by the by. You'll wonder what you've been missing with those old 4:3 screens.

OK...enough geek talk. Melissa says I need to cut that. So the apple on the back of the laptop glows. And it's got a cool built in camera which you can take pictures of yourself while you're typing.

Enjoy superman!!!