Tuesday, June 06, 2006

X-Men 3....yawn....


Okay, if you're reading this and you haven't yet seen X-Men 3, then stop now because I'm going to spoil it all. So I was kinda worried when I found out that they changed directors mid-stream, but I was hopeful that they would at least stay true to the comic book roots of the series. Sadly, my hopes were dashed in the first 30 minutes. During the course of the movie, the writers proceeded to kill off THREE of the main characters and take away the mutant powers of THREE MORE!!! I wanted to throw something at the screen!

Well, that's Hollywood for you. My hopes now rest on Superman Returns, which comes out later this month. From what I've read, it should live up to the legend and then some! We'll find out June 28th!

By the way...in case anyone is wondering....I am NOT a dork. I just happen to have an unhealthy knowledge of comic books.

Brad

3 comments:

Mama Lutz said...

Brad - here's your first million: Create a website where people can direct their own comic book-based webmovies. I'd play.

Hope all is well in the Land of Cool People!

justin said...

After seeing the movie last night, I concur with your assessment and add the following thoughts:
1) We cannot complain about the lack of Gambit, because, let's face it, Gambit is a tool.
2) The Iceman finally took his true form. Hallelujah.
3) "Why do the bad guys have cooler mutant powers?" -Holly
4) I don't think anyone had trouble remember their lines. (Referring to the tremendous lack of quality dialogue)
5) No one who could fly REALLY flew (other than Angel). They mostly floated, hovered, jumped high.
6) I'm not that disappointed in Rogue's loss of power. While the first movie focused on her, her story, character strength and even her mutant power seemed to be rather puny.

More later?

Chris and Melissa Beahm said...

only 2 weeks left. SWEET!!!! And Smallville got picked up for another year. I mean can it get any better!?!?!?!?

<<<***pondering***....I wonder if my superman constume would fit under my work outfit>>>>